Photo credit: Daniel Boczarski / Stringer
Kenosha, Wisconsin police officer Rusten Sheskey has returned to work and won’t face any further discipline, his department announced Tuesday.
Sheskey was responsible for the 2020 shooting of Jacob Blake that left him paralyzed from the waist down. The officer was out because of an administrative leave, but following both internal and external reviews, he was released and allowed to return to work.
In a statement, the chief of the Kenosha police department, Daniel Miskinis said the officer returned from administrative leave March 31.
“Officer Sheskey was not charged with any wrong doing,” he said. “He acted within the law and was consistent with training… Officer Sheskey was found to have been acting within policy and will not be subjected to discipline.”
Media Release pic.twitter.com/wdq5QaNNyk
— Kenosha Police Dept. (@KenoshaPolice) April 13, 2021
Miskinis definitely understands that “some will not be pleased” and we can’t forget the outbreak of protest and more that was unleashed following the initial incident which took place August 23, 2020.
Sheskey told investigators he feared for his safety, so he opened fire and a Wisconsin prosecutor declined to file charges against the seven year Kenosha veteran.
Blake survived, but left paralyzed and filed a civil suit against the cop last month, accusing him of excessive force.