photo credit: Mark Peterson l Getty Images
2Pac Shakur is without a doubt one of the greatest rappers and lyricist who has impacted the culture and sound of hip-hop.
As an influential figure during his time, Shakur inspired many with not only his music but his activism and consistent outspoken nature. Pac stood up for everything he believed and adamantly expressed his stance on political issues, racial divides, and of course the state of rap.
In celebration of what would have been his 47th birthday, as well as we currently face a time where mental health is an extremely important issue, here are 6 Pac quotes on life, hope, and meaning.
1. I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, there’s a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep ya head up, and handle it.
2. Whatever you see, you gotta keep a sense of humor. You gotta be able to smile through all the bulls****.
3. I want to grow. I want to be better. You grow. We all grow. We’re made to grow. You either evolve or you disappear.
4. A woman brought you into this world, so you have no right to disrespect one.
5. Don’t believe everything you hear. Real eyes, realize real lies.
6. During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams.