Photo Credit: Nicholas Hunt | Getty Images
With #PowerhouseLA to look forward to in May, we’ve compiled 10 facts you may not have known about A$AP Ferg. Peep below!
1. He started his career doing rap battles.
Hailing from New York, Ferg started off spitting all over the streets of Harlem. In fact, he was part of a Harlem battle rap crew called Harlem Envy.
2. He doesn’t smoke weed.
In an interview with HipHopDX on 4/20 last year, Ferg reminded everyone around him he does not smoke weed (but will celebrate the holiday).
3. He wanted to be a fashion designer.
Rap was not always the goal. He started out designing T-shirts alongside his late father and even started his own line of belts.
4. He doesn’t eat meat.
While he calls himself a Pescatarian, that doesn’t take away from his meal of choice: grilled cheese.
5. He worked at Ben & Jerry’s.
Peep his track “Strive” on Always Strive And Posper” for deets.
6. He compares himself to Picasso.
Ferg compares his evolution as an artist to the legendary Picasso.
7. He attended an art and design high school.
Ferg went to High School of Art and Design in Manhattan, which makes sense
8. He is the Trap Lord.
Because his “hustle game is impeccable.”
9. He wanted to painted his face for Kanye West’s fashion show.
Always doing the impossible.
10. He puts 100$ into everything he does.
Perfectionist is an understatement.