Solange Knowles wants her fans to have “A Seat At The Table” with her. The artist posted an Instagram picture with the caption “86 of you will receive a seat at the table in the mail… first come…. first served….” Her followers were then directed to her website, where they could enter their name and address.
On Tuesday, Solange announced that the album will be released digitally this Friday. “A Seat at the Table” is a project that she has been working on since 2013, written entirely by her. The 20-track album will feature The Dream, Lil Wayne, Sampha, Kelly Rowland and Q-Tip, as well as some other artists.
It’s been a very long time since the 30-year-old singer dropped new music and it seems like this project is very personal, as Solange describes it as “a project on identity, empowerment, independence, grief and healing”. What table does Solange want to sit at?
Let’s see the tracklist of “A Seat At The Table”:
- “Interlude: The Glory Is In You”
- “Cranes In The Sky”
- “Interlude: Dad Was Mad”
- “Mad” ft. Lil Wayne
- “Don’t You Wait”
- “Interlude: Tina Taught Me”
- “Don’t Touch My Hair” ft. Sampha
- “Interlude: This Moment”
- “Where Do We Go”
- “Interlude: For Us By Us” “F.U.B.U.” ft. The Dream & BJ The Chicago Kid
- “Borderline (An Ode To Self Care)” ft. Q-Tip
- “Interlude: I Got So Much Magic, You Can Have It” ft. Kelly Rowland & Nia Andrews
- “Interlude: No Limits”
- “Don’t Wish Me Well”
- “Interlude: Pedestals”
- “Scales” ft. Kelela
- “Closing: The Chosen Ones”