Cali Christmas 2017
[CALI CHRISTMAS] 10 Facts You Don't Know About Chance The Rapper
Sep. 19, 2017
Photo credit: Lorne Thomson 1 Getty Images
How much do you know about Chance the Rapper? Here are 10 facts you don't know about our Cali Christmas headliner:
1. Chance is a part of a neo-soul jazz band called The Social Experiment. The group released their first album, Surf, in 2015.
2. Both of Chance's parents work in the US government. His mother works in the office of the Illinois attorney general, and his father currently serves as deputy chief of staff to Illinois Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
3. Music runs in Chance's family. His younger brother, Taylor, is also a rapper.
4. Chance is friends with Beyonce and Jay Z, whom he refers to as "Auntie Yoncé" and "Unc."
My auntie Yonce and Unc tryna fix me up. Pickin on me pic.twitter.com/1BLPijIrYT— Lil Chano From 79th (@chancetherapper) June 8, 2016
5. The first hip-hop album Chance ever purchased was Kanye West’s College Dropout
6. Common was one of his earliest supporters. Chance's grandmother called in a favor to her neighbor, "You should have your grandson call my grandson," she said.
7. Chance and Barack Obama go way back. When Obama was a senator in Illinois, Chance's father, Ken Bennett, was his state director.
8. Chance was suspended from school for 10 days for getting caught with weed, and that prompted him to write his first mixtape and titled it, 10 Day.
9. Chance loves baseball caps: he used to always rock a cap when in high school and get them taken away. “It was an excessive amount. Like, so often that at the end of each school year, there would be a box of all the confiscated caps.”
10. Chance was broke making Coloring Book. “Like this studio is stupid expensive.”
You can buy your tickets NOW to see CHANCE THE RAPPER, TRAVIS SCOTT, JOEY BADA$$, MAJID JORDAN & G4SHI Saturday, December 16th at the Forum in Inglewood RIGHT HERE
Listen Every Hour, Monday-Friday between 6am-8pm for your chance to score a pair of tickets, plus be put in the running for a chance to win $10 Million Dollars! Get all the info you need here