10 Facts You Didn't Know About Notorious B.I.G.
photo credit: Adger Cowans l Getty Images
Whether you were around during the infamous and controversial East Coast vs. West Coast rap beef, there is no denying that Hip-hop changed forever when we lost the Notorious B.I.G.
21 years ago today, March 9th 1997, Hip-hop mourned the passing of the late rapper Biggie Smalls whose New York freestyle inspired lyrics carries his legacy still to this day.
Celebrating the life and musical legacy BIG left behind, here are 10 facts you might have known about the rapper.
1. Biggie was a ‘Straight A’ student
2. He’s one of the very few rappers to do a collab with the late King Of Pop Michael Jackson. Featured on MJ’s ‘ This Time Around’ track in 1995, the song peaked on the Billboard Dance Music/Club Play Singles chart.
3. Biggie went to George Westinghouse Information Tech School, in downtown Harlem, which was the same school rappers Busta Rhymes, DMX, and Jay Z attened.
4. Before the names Biggie Smalls or Notorious B.I.G. ever came into play, he started his rap career with the name M.C. Quest
5. Biggie loved pranking people 6. Biggie didn’t use a cane for fashion. He actually needed the cane the last 5 months of his life, after breaking his leg in a car accident.
7. He stood at 6’1 and weighed 395 pounds
8. Biggie was set to star in a movie alongside actor Robert Dinero before his death.
9. Diddy and Biggie both have matching tatts of Psalms 27
10. Biggie married singer Faith Evans after only knowing her for 8 days